IoT Defense is looking for a strong, motivated engineer looking to make an impact on our 2018 strategies. We are a start-up business looking to build out our development and engineering team to support our products.
With the successful release of our first of its kind smart firewall product, RATtrap, grand award winner for Top Security Innovation by Popular Science in 2017, we want to continue building out our cloud-based back-end. We built the product with a cloud-first mentality and its connectivity to the cloud-environment for continuous threat intelligence updates and real-time user notification is critical for our customers.
You will be an integral part of IoT Def’s mission to reinvent the approach to security.
What we’d like you to do:
- Design and manage proper DevOps processes and orchestration techniques.
- Leverage multi-provider cloud-based deployments and clustered environments
- Manage, monitor, and maintain – basically own responsibility for the cloud-backend.
- Specify, design, implement, and test features end to end.
- Involved in tier 2 technical email support.
- Implement security best practices for cloud infrastructure.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 1-2+ years of professional software development experience and/or cloud development
- Previous experience working with cloud infrastructure
- Proven working experience in backend server development
- Working knowledge of the general scaling and server development landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with nginx (preferred) or other load balancer.
- Python programming experience.
- Shell scripting (Bash, Powershell, whatever you choose)
- Strong communication skills and can solve problems independently.
- Good understanding on SaaS security best practices
- Configuration Management tools (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt, Fabric) – no preference.
- Experience in the security industry.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Salary commensurate with experience.
Will consider other locations!
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!