(Senior) Software Engineer
IoT Defense is looking for a strong, motivated developer looking to make an impact on our 2018 strategies. We are a start-up business looking to build out our development and engineering team to support our products.
With the successful release of our first of its kind smart firewall product, RATtrap, grand award winner for Top Security Innovation by Popular Science in 2017, we want to continue building out our cloud-based back-end. We built the product with a cloud-first mentality and its connectivity to the cloud-environment for continuous threat intelligence updates and real-time user notification is critical for our customers.
You will be an integral part of IoT Def’s mission to reinvent the approach to security.
What we’d like you to do:
- Develop backend APIs for our Devices, Customer Interfaces, and Partners
- Implement new features or bug fixes against our existing product line or other O&M as needed.
- Aid in designing a new DNS infrastructure to support part of our 2018 strategy.
- Manage a competitive analysis and research laboratory.
- Debug challenging system issues reported by internal and external IOTD customers.
- Improve the security posture of the SaaS backend.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Curiosity. You get excited about learning new things. You ask lots of questions and go searching for answers.
- Experience with Linux and other backend application stacks.
- The experience to recognize long-range risks and knowing how to mitigate them
- Good understanding on SaaS security best practices
- Knowledge of distributed anycast DNS networks.
- Experience with API development.
- Experience in the security industry.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Salary commensurate with experience.