Embedded Software Engineer
IoT Defense is looking for a strong, motivated developer looking to make an impact on our 2018 strategies. We are a start-up business looking to build out our development and engineering team to support our products.
With the successful release of our first of its kind smart firewall product, RATtrap, grand award winner for Top Security Innovation by Popular Science in 2017, we want to continue building out our cloud-based back-end. We built the product with a cloud-first mentality and its connectivity to the cloud-environment for continuous threat intelligence updates and real-time user notification is critical for our customers.
You will be an integral part of IoT Def’s mission to reinvent the approach to security.
What we’d like you to do:
- Build out a software platform that runs on embedded Linux for our devices providing ubiquitous connectivity and compute services.
- Implement new product features.
- Design and implement SDKs, APIs, and run-time services to enable development of next generation features.
- Performance tune critical data paths on our Linux based platform.
- Debug challenging system issues reported by internal and external IOTD customers.
- Integrate IoT Defense software in to third party platforms - OpenWRT or other embedded OSes
- Work with our hardware partners on software – hardware integration
We're looking for someone who has:
- Curiosity. You get excited about learning new things. You ask lots of questions and go searching for answers.
- Solid understanding of C/C++, git, the GNU toolchain, cross-compilation, and Python
- Solid understanding of software / hardware interfacing – SPI, I2C, GPIO, MTD etc.
- Experience with Linux kernel and application software development.
- The experience to recognize long-range risks and knowing how to mitigate them.
- Experience with Layer 3 network protocols (Layer 2 experience an added plus)
- Prior experience with developing application and drivers running on Linux kernel for consumer products and shipping those products successfully
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software development
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin.
Salary commensurate with experience.
No need to be shackled to a desk, enjoy your freedom!